Initial Breathing Apparatus (IBA)
Tailored to the clients needs, this 2 Day course is designed to teach the delegates how to wear breathing apparatus safely and to understand the hazards and risks associated with working within a hazardous environment
The course includes:
- Understanding of the operating principles of a CABA set.
- Use and construction of CABA communications equipment in line with current legislative requirements.
- Pre-wear checks and care for CABA equipment in line with laid down procedures.
- Dressing in and operating CABA equipment properly.
- Understanding the effectiveness of communications.
- Implementation of safe Casualty search in the risk area.
Certificate of Attendance
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- This course will be physically demanding and therefore you will be required to complete a fitness declaration
- You will be required to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus which weighs 18kg
Boiler suits & boots will be provided, but we recommend that you wear appropriate clothing underneath which will not suffer from the taint of smoke, thick socks are also advisable. PPE will be provided. If you wear glasses you will need to remove these, therefore contact lenses are advisable. Please remove all jewellery. Lockers for personal effects are provided and showers are available if needed, but you will be required to bring your own towel.