Work With Us
The Maritime Skills Academy is seeking enthusiastic and professional individuals to join the ever expanding team.
To apply for a vacancy, please email your CV through the contact form below, stating which position you are interested in.
Senior Training Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking an individual to support our growing team of Training Coordinators at The Maritime Skills Academy. We run a cross section of safety and development training which cover STCW, GWO, Commercial & Industrial Fire Fighting, Health & Safety, Education with local colleges and vocational qualifications.
The individual must be based in the East Kent area and have a strong passion for training. They must also ideally have previous teaching experience and hold a Deck or Engine Coc as well as other seafaring certification.
This role is in a senior position and have the potential to lead into a Managerial role after 12 months.
The job itself will be an active role predominantly which will include:
– Create and assist with the production of course material.
– Teach courses that meet your qualifications.
– Able to assist with all courses as and when required.
– Knowledge of STCW Training Course Codes.
– Knowledge and understanding of all equipment.
– Knowledge and understanding of all STCW and Non STCW courses.
– Knowledge of Certification issuing.
– Good understanding of basic office equipment.
– Liaise with awarding bodies for course approvals.
– Attend industry conferences and seminars