Maritime Skills Academy Limited (“Maritime Skills Academy”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Maritime Skills Academy may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details including your e-mail address and financial, payment card information, your professional qualifications, professional interest’s employment status/company for course bookings. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
1. to provide our services to you;
2. to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website and a client;
3. to answer your enquiries;
4. to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
5. to fulfil contractual obligations with bookings
6. by the Maritime Skills Academy & Viking Recruitment group of companies to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
7. to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Maritime Skills Academy;
8. we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Data
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is “contract” as it’s our contractual obligation to fulfil a course booking for you.
Contract: (Entering into and performing a contract with you)
In order to provide our training services, we may enter into a contract (i.e. a financial payment) with you and/or a third party organisation. In order to enter into a contract, we will need certain information, for example, your name and address, email and financial information (for billing). A contract (terms and conditions) will also contain obligations on both your part and our part.
From time to time you may receive an email alert form the Maritime Skills Academy & Viking Recruitment group of companies which will be used for the purposes of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the services that we provide. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every email alert that you receive
Aggregate Information about Maritime Skills Academy online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website and all of the Maritime Skills Academy and Viking Recruitment group company websites, for example, which area users access most frequently, and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services which may be of interest to you.
Registered Address and Number
Beechwood Business Park
Maritime Skills Academy is registered in England No. 7920032
Viking Recruitment is registered in England No. 2340526