Maritime Lead Auditor (MARI)
This training course is suitable for sea-going and office-based staff, providing delegates with the skills necessary to undertake and manage Company internal audits.
Delivered by industry specialist Mike Symons (M4S Maritime), this 4-day Maritime Lead Auditor (ISM/ISO) training course is aimed at individuals who will be involved in audits of their Company Management System(s) against ISO 19011 auditing guidelines, along with requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code and Maritime Labour Convention (MLC).
To familiarise delegates with the ISM Code, its context and how to apply the principles of ISO 19011 management system auditing guidelines, including to be able to:
- Identify key themes in risk, safety and security management and how audits support the development and continual improvement of Company Safety, Environmental and Quality Management System, under ISM and applicable ISO Standards
- Understand the purpose and benefits of a good audit
- Understand the use of standard auditing techniques
- Plan, prepare and lead an audit
- Write effective non-conformity audit reports and summaries
- Understand the importance of resolving non-conformities and verification of completed corrective actions
- Understand ISPS Code and MLC Convention audit verification requirements
- Individuals will have a good understanding of the ISM Code, its importance, and their role within it, including ISM, ISO, ISPS and MLC auditing requirements
- Individuals will be actively involved in the ongoing evaluation and development of a Company Safety, Environmental and Quality Management System
- Providing the Company and its auditors with the ability to establish the effectiveness of a Company Management System ahead of external verification by Administrations or Port State Control
- Delivered by experts with International safety and security management, compliance and verification experience in an engaging interactive style with a variety of security and safety related scenario case study workshops exercises during the training course
Upon successful completion of the training course, delegates will receive a Maritime Lead Auditor training certificate that fulfils the Nautical Institute’s recognition standards for continuous professional development.
Understanding of the ISM Code and its application
This training course will require you to obtain a copy of the ISM Code (2018 Edition). An associated copy of the Maritime Auditor Training Guide with associated audit templates will be sent to you prior to the course starting.