STCW Entry into Enclosed Spaces (ENTR)
For people engaged onboard Merchant Ships who must make entry into enclosed spaces.
This course has been developed in accordance with the UK’s Merchant Navy Training Board’s (MNTB) Guidelines
The training is intended to meet to requirements set out in The Merchant Shipping (Entry into Dangerous Spaces) Regulations 1988, IMO Resolutions A.864 (20) and the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers produced in the UK by the Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA).
Aims of the course:
- Recognise potentially dangerous enclosed spaces on-board a vessel
- Complete risk assessments of typical enclosed spaces
- Complete a typical enclosed space entry, Permit to Work
- Carry out safe testing of an atmosphere prior to entry using typical industry test equipment, including knowledge of its maintenance & testing/ calibration requirements
- Carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- Carry out self rescue from an enclosed space
- Carry out the role of a safety attendant
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations, equipment demonstrations, simulated enclosed space permit to work completion, work space inspection and simulated emergency self-rescue using ELSA.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course and upon completion of the course you will be presented with a certificate.
A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course