Updated Advanced Fire Fighting
Route 2 - This 1 day course is for those seeking updating training in Advanced Fire Fighting who have not undergone the required training onboard ship as per the STCW Manila Amendments
During this 1 day theory only course you will cover the following:
- - Control of for fighting operations aboard ship
- - Organise and train fire parties
- - How to inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment
- - Practical requirements for statutory and classification surveys
- - Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
Delegates will be required to sit a short exam at the end of the course. Those that successfully pass will be issued with an MCA approved STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting; Regulation VI/3, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/3, paragraph 5 & 6 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended.
Hold an Advanced Fire Fighting certificate
Please note that this does not supersede the requirement to update your Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF) certificate.