STCW Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (UPSCRB)
This 1 day course is for those seeking updating training in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats) as per the STCW Manila Amendments
This course will include theory and practical "on the water" sessions and will cover the following:
- - Identify the dangers associated with "off-load" and "on-load" release devices
- - demonstrate correct operation of off-load" and "on-load" release devices
- - Identify and explain the correct operation of Fall Prevention/Secondary Safety Devices or their equivalent
- - safely operate a survival craft engine
- - taking charge of launching and boarding survival craft
- - safely manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- - rig and use locating devices including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- - apply first aid to survivors, including demonstration of resuscitation techniques
- - describe the management of injured persons
- Hold a proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats) Certificate
NOTE: Due to the physically demanding nature of this course you will be required to complete a Fitness Declaration form on the day to make us aware of any medical issues, injuries or disabilities. This form will be shared with the trainers for awareness. If you have any concerns regarding fitness please contact us to discuss further.
Delegates will be required to successfully complete the practical exercises in order to be issued with an MCA approved STCW Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (Other than Fast Rescue Boats); Regulation VI/2, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/2, paragraph 5 & 6 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended.
PPE will be provided. We recommend that you wear clothing suitable for waterborne exercises (i.e. warm layers) relevant to the prevailing conditions. For warmer weather it is recommended that bring with you some sunscreen.