Marlins Test of Spoken English (TOSE)
The Marlins Test Of Spoken English (TOSE) provides the oral assessor with a standardised interview format for assessing the speaking and listening skills of all ranks and nationality of seafarers.
Used as a stand-alone product, it provides a thorough assessment of the seafarer's ability to understand and speak English. Used in conjunction with the ISF Marlins computer test it provides the employer with a complete profile of the seafarer's language proficiency.
Key Features of the Marlins Test of Spoken English:
- - Provides the interviewer with a standardised interview protocol for assessing the speaking and listening skills of seafarers
- - Offers extensive guidelines and criteria on how to grade the seafarer's speaking and listening abilities
- - Offers a standardised means of recording and interpreting test results
- - Results can be used to support the outcome of the ISF Marlins Test
- - Providing a complete language profile for the employer
- - Results can be used to highlight specific skill areas which require training
The test comprises of both verbal and computer-based tests.
Practice tests are available via the following website: www.marlinstests.com
At the end of the test you will be provided with a Marlins Test of Spoken English certificate.