This course is in partnership with Guardian Training
All elements of the GWO package are:
- GWO Working at Heights
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO Manual Handling
This course is run in conjunction with Guardian Training. Guardian Training holds the GWO Accreditation & bookings are made via the following:
TEL: +44 (0) 1795 580 333
A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required.
Dates are as below:
The aims of this BST Sea Survival course are, by theoretical and practical training, to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
This BST Sea Survival Module shall ensure that the Delegates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning
- Understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different Life Saving Appliances (LSA), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PPE) commonly used in the offshore wind energy industry and are able to wear and use them accordingly
- Knowledge of risks related to transfers (dynamic/static – static/dynamic)
- Safe transfer from vessel to dock and vessel to foundation
- Knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG
- Knowledge of Search and Rescue (SAR) and Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) Recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”
- Evacuation from a mock WTG to the water by means of rescue device
- Individual and collective survival techniques at sea
The course will include videos, group discussions, design exercises, trainer led presentations, practical cold water entry techniques, cold water swimming, launching and inflating a life raft, boarding and leaving a life raft, assisting others into a life raft, righting an upturned life raft and a final ship abandonment exercise with environmental effects.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:4
The certificate validity for this course is 2 years.
This course is run in conjunction with Guardian Training. Guardian Training hold the GWO Accreditation & bookings are made via the following:
TEL: +44 (0) 1795 580 333
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
1 day (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Please Enquire For More Details
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team
Need Transfers & Accommodation?
Out of stock