Breathing Apparatus Refresher (BAR)
Tailored to the clients needs, this 1 Day course focusses on refreshing the breathing apparatus wearer in the safe and effective use of breathing apparatus.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The course includes
- Correct donning and start up routine.
- Correct door opening procedure.
- Safe methods of lifting and moving casualties on stairs.
- Effective BA search techniques.
Certificate of Attendance
Boiler suits & boots will be provided, but we recommend that you wear appropriate clothing underneath which will not suffer from the taint of smoke, thick socks are also advisable. PPE will be provided. If you wear glasses you will need to remove these, therefore contact lenses are advisable. Please remove all jewellery. Lockers for personal effects are provided and showers are available if needed, but you will be required to bring your own towel.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- This course will be physically demanding and therefore you will be required to complete a fitness declaration
- You will be required to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus which weighs 18kg