STCW Designated Security Duties (DSD)
To give those undertaking designated security duties on board ship the essential education and training.
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, discussions, and interactive exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
Seagoing experience would be advantageous but not compulsory.
There will be a short assessment at the end of the course to ensure knowledge and understanding. Resits are permitted
Those that successful complete will be issued with a Certificate of Proficiency in Designated Security Duties; Regulation VI/6, paragraph 4 and section A-VI/6, paragraphs 6-8 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended. and incorporates Proficiency in Security Awareness laid down in Regulation VI/6 and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Convention and Code