Initial Breathing Apparatus
Duration: 2 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £5,400 (incl. VAT) per day (up to 12 delegates)
Course Dates: Please contact us directly to arrange a date that is suitable for you.
Prerequisites: A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required but a basic understanding of the current procedures within your organisation would be advantageous.
The aim of the course is to teach the student to be able to wear breathing apparatus safely and to understand the hazards and risks associated with working within a hazardous environment.
The course includes:
- Understanding of the operating principles of a CABA set.
- Use and construction of CABA communications equipment in line with current legislative requirements.
- Pre-wear checks and care for CABA equipment in line with laid down procedures.
- Dressing in and operating CABA equipment properly.
- Understanding the effectiveness of communications.
- Implementation of safe Casualty search in the risk area.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations, hands on equipment demonstrations and lots of practical hot wear exercises and scenarios.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:12 for theory elements and 1:4 for practical sessions.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.