Fire Team Leader
Duration: 2 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £5,400 (incl. VAT) per day (up to 12 delegates)
Course Dates: Please contact us directly to arrange a date that is suitable for you.
Prerequisites: A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required but a basic understanding of the current procedures within your organisation would be advantageous.
This course has been designed to validate fire team leader who have the necessary skills and knowledge to command an incident.
The course includes:
- Establishment of control over the immediate area of the incident and anyone who is assisting operations.
- Ensuring that an effective Command Structure is implemented, commensurate with the nature and extent of the incident and underpinned with manageable spans of control.
- Formulating a tactical plan, which will achieve the operation strategy.
- Continually revise the command structure to ensure safe working and maintain effective operations.
- Ensuring liaison with other emergency services is maintained through nominated officers.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations, hands on equipment demonstrations, use of fire extinguishers, hose work, fire development theory, and lots of practical hot wear exercises and scenarios.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:12 for theory elements and 1:4 for practical sessions.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.