Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boat (Refresher)
STCW Reg VI/2 para 1 & Sec A-VI/2 para 5
Route One - For those holding Advanced Sea Survival or have a completed self-declaration form.
Duration: 0.5 day (there will be refreshment breaks and hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £180 (incl.VAT) per delegate
Route Two - For those holding a full PSC&RB or equivalent.
Duration: 1 day (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £240 (incl.VAT) per delegate
If you book 3 or more elements of the 5 updating training courses (PST, FP&FF, AFF, PSC&RB & FRB) taking place in the same week, we will offer a 10% discount on the overall updating course cost.
4th June 2018 (fully booked)
2nd July 2018
30th July 2018
3rd September 2018
1st October 2018
29th October 2018
26th November 2018
- Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to 1 August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses.
- Seafarers holding a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats) Certificate, or equivalent, which includes ‘Proficiency in Survival Craft’ and the ‘MNTB Life Boat Certificate’.
- A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required but a good knowledge of the current arrangements on your ship would be advantageous.
NB – certificates of proficiency issued under the authority of other administrations will be acceptable.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers who are required to take charge of a survival craft or a rescue boat (other than fast rescue boats) in emergency situations the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Operate a survival craft engine.
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- Apply first aid to survivors.
The course will include videos, group discussions trainer led presentations in the morning and practical boat experience and handling in the afternoon.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements and 1:8 for practical sessions.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.