Certificate of Proficiency in Medical First Aid
STCW Reg VI/4 para 1 & sec A-VI/4, para 1-3
Duration: 4 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £552 (incl.VAT) per delegate
29th January – 1st February 2018
26th February – 1st March 2018
16th - 19th April 2018
21st - 24th May 2018
25th - 28th June 2018
23rd - 26th July 2018
20th - 23rd August 2018
24th - 27th September 2018
22nd - 25th October 2018
26th - 29th November 2018
17th - 20th December 2018
Prerequisites: A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required.
The aim of the course is to provide seafarers the essential knowledge and training in Medical First Aid, particularly focusing on:
- The ability to carry out an assessment of casualties.
- How to raise the alarm and what information is required.
- Treating a variety of different injuries and medical conditions.
- Understanding the limitations placed upon a ship when someone injures themselves.
- Familiarisation with the equipment available as per the M1768 Ships Medical Stores list.
- The course does require physical work that is carried out on the floor so anyone with injuries that prevent them from doing that will be unable to complete the course and will have to re book once they are fit and well.
The course will include videos, group discussions, group exercises, practical use of first aid equipment, practical use of first aid procedures and techniques, resuscitation exercises and role play based scenarios.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam upon completion.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:12 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.