Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
Duration: 5 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £715.20 (incl. VAT) per delegate
Course Dates: Dates are yet to be confirmed. Please enquire for further information.
- MCA accepted Yachtmaster Offshore certificate and shorebased course;
- Yacht rating with at least 6 months sea service and a steering certificate;
- Fishing Class 2 CoC or the Seafish 5 day watchkeeping course for under 16.5m fishing certificates;
- BML Tier 1 level 2 certificates; or
- Tug rating with at least 6 months sea time (which may be in categorised water) and a steering certificate;
- A Navigational Watch Rating certificate.
Note: before an EDH certificate can be issued a minimum of 6 months sea service in vessels of more than 15m is required.
There is no pre-learning required for this course although a basic knowledge of the Code of Safe Working Practice for Merchant Seafarers would be advantageous.
The aim of this course is to establish and assess good basic seamanship practice and knowledge of the Code of Safe Working Practice for the Merchant Navy
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations and practical demonstrations of seamanship techniques with a variety of different equipment.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with an examination of practical skills on the final day.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:12 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.