Certificate of Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
STCW Reg VI/6 para 4 & sec A-VI/6 para 6-8
Duration: 1 day (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
Fee: £237.60 (incl. VAT) per delegate
30th May 2018
12th June 2018
26th June 2018
10th July 2018
24th July 2018
7th August 2018
21st August 2018
31st August 2018
11th September 2018
25th September 2018
9th October 2018
23rd October 2018
6th November 2018
20th November 2018
4th December 2018
18th December 2018
Prerequisites: There is no pre-learning required.
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.