Webinar – Designated Security Duties (DSD)
STCW Reg VI/6 para 4 & sec A-VI/6 para 6-8
Marine & STCW
Courses will be broken down into small sessions (8 hours in total) to accommodate breaks and guarantee optimum learning capacity.
Trainers would look for interaction from each delegate throughout all sessions to provide robust assessment process and that all delegates are found competent.
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:15 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be sent the original certificate.
£237.60 (Inc Vat) per delegate
£237.60 Inc. VAT
Cost per delegate
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team