Updated Fast Rescue Boat (FRB Refresher) Route 1
£276 (incl. VAT) per delegate
Yes - Download documents
This page only allows you to book the half day course. To book the 1 day course click here
Route 1 (half day) - This route is available to seafarers holding a proficiency in fast rescue boats certificate who have undergone the required updating training onboard ship and have completed a self declaration form
Delegates will be able to:
-Explain routine maintenance procedures for FRB and measures for contingency repairs.
- Carry out pre-use checks of FRB, including engines and related rescue equipment.
- Carry out PPE checks for crew and self.
- Brief crew for recovery duties.
- Recover a casualty from the water and effect their safe transfer to a place of safety.
- Undertake waterborne capsize of FRB in controlled environment.
- Carry out post capsize procedures, including righting of FRB whilst swimming in appropriate equipment.
- Re board FRB and establish control of craft and available equipment.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations and practical boat capsizing in the survival pool.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements and 1:8 for practical sessions.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Half day (there will be refreshment breaks and hot and cold beverages provided)
- Hold Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats certificate
- Complete and sign the Self Declaration form* confirming onboard training within the past 5 years
*If you cannot fully complete the self declaration form then you will need to attend the full day Route 2 course.