Updated Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF Refresher) Route 1
Marine & STCW
£230 (incl. VAT) per delegate
Yes - Download documents
This page only allows you to book the 0.5 day course. To book the 1 day course click here
The aim of the 0.5 day course is to give seafarers the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- - Control fire fighting operations aboard ships
- - Organise and train fire parties
- - Inspect and service fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- - Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
The course will include videos, group discussions, case studies, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam to kickstart the session.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements.
Upon completion of the course you will be sent the the original certificate.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
- – Hold Advanced Fire Fighting certificate, or equivalent .
- – Complete and sign the Self Declaration form* confirming onboard training within the past 5 years
*If you cannot fully complete the self declaration form then you will need to attend the full day Route 2 course.
Please note that this course does not supersede the requirement to update your Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting certificate (UFPFF), which can be booked here.