Port Facility Security Officer
Delivered by industry specialist Mike Symons (M4S Maritime), this 3-day ISPS Port Facility Security Officer (ISPS) course is aimed at those who may be designated to perform the associated duties and responsibilities of a PFSO, as defined in section A/2.1.8 and section A/17.1 of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code. It includes maintaining and updating Port Facility Security Plan arrangements and interfacing with Ship Security Officers, Company Security Officers and Government Administrations.
This training course is suitable for port operations staff who have a working experience in a maritime port facility and includes a personal copy of the ISPS Code (2004 Update: A Practical Guide) and an associated Port Facility Security Officer training guide with example templates.
On successful completion of the training course, delegates will receive a Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) training certificate recognised by the UK Department for Transport.
On successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Port Facility Security Officer, as defined in section A/17.2 of the ISPS Code, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting an initial comprehensive security survey of the port facility considering the relevant port facility security assessment process
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of the port facility security plan
- Implementing and exercising the port facility security plan
- Undertaking regular security inspections of the port facility to ensure the continuation of appropriate security measures
- Recommending and incorporating, as appropriate, modifications to the port facility security plan to correct deficiencies and to update the plan to consider of relevant changes to the port facility
- Enhancing security awareness and vigilance of the port facility personnel
- Ensuring adequate training has been provided to personnel responsible for the security of the port facility
- Reporting to the relevant authorities and maintaining records of occurrences which threaten the security of the port facility
- Co-ordinating implementation of the port facility security plan with the appropriate Company and ship security officer(s)
- Co-ordinating with security services, as appropriate
- Ensuring that standards for personnel responsible for security of the port facility are met
- Ensuring that security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated and maintained
- Assisting ship security officers in confirming the identity of those seeking to board the ship when requested
- Delegates will have gained a good understanding of the ISPS Code, its importance, their role within it and appreciation of current security threats and risks to maritime operations
- Acquiring the skills needed to conduct comprehensive port security assessments, ensuring development, implementation, continued improvement and maintenance of an effective port facility security plan
- Liaison and coordination with shipping company security personnel, facility security staff, contracting government administrations and security services as applicable
- Satisfying the UK Department of Transport’s Maritime Security & Resilience Division’s (MSRD) requirements in order to become a competent Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
- Delivered by experts with International safety and security management, compliance and verification experience in an engaging interactive style with a variety of security and safety related scenario case study workshop exercises
- 1 year’s working experience in a Maritime Port Facility
- Candidates attending the course should be fluent in English and have an identification card or passport with them
3 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
£1293.75 (Inc VAT) per delegate
£1,293.75 (incl. VAT) per delegate
£1,293.75 Inc. VAT
Cost per delegate
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team
Need Transfers & Accommodation?
£1,293.75 (incl. VAT) per delegate