Webinar – Maritime Internal Auditor
Delivered by industry specialist Mike Symons (M4S Maritime), this 2-day Maritime Internal Auditor (ISM) training course is aimed at those individuals who will be involved in internal audits of a Safety Management System (SMS) within the company they work for against the requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
The course is suitable for sea-going and office-based staff and gives delegates the skills they need to undertake an effective internal audit.
Upon successful completion of the training course, delegates will receive a Maritime Internal Auditor training certificate that fulfils the Nautical Institute’s recognition standards for continuous professional development.
- Identify key themes in risk, safety management and how audits support the development and continual improvement of Company Safety and Environmental Management System
- Understand the purpose and benefits of a good audit
- Understand the use of standard auditing techniques
- Able to write effective non-conformity audit reports and summaries
- Understand the importance of resolving non-conformities and verification of corrective actions.
- Understand ISM audit verification requirements
- Individuals will have a good understanding of the ISM Code, its importance, and their role within it
- Individuals will be actively involved in the ongoing evaluation and development of the SMS
- The company will have a good understanding of the effectiveness of its SMS ahead of Flag or Port State Control (PSC) inspections
- Delivered by experts with International safety and security management, compliance and verification experience in an engaging interactive style with a variety of related scenario case study workshops exercises
This training course will require you to obtain a copy of the ISM Code (2018 Edition). An associated copy of the Maritime Auditor Training Guide with associated audit templates will be sent to you prior to the course starting.
Please contact us to arrange a date that suits you. The course will be taught in sections that suit the individual needs.
2 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
£948.75 (Inc VAT) per delegate
£948.75 Inc. VAT
Cost per delegate
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team