Webinar – Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
Delivered by industry specialist Mike Symons (M4S Maritime), this 3-day ISM Designated Person Ashore (DPA) course meets the requirements of IMO’s MSC.MEPC7/Circ.6, which provides guidance on the qualifications, training and experience necessary for undertaking the Designated Person(s) role under the ISM Code.
The course is aimed at individuals, newly promoted Designated Person(s) and current Designated Person(s) role holders who are required to update their training through continued professional development (CPD). Other shore-based professionals requiring knowledge of the responsibilities, problems and potential liabilities involved with the Designated Person(s) role would benefit from this course.
This training course will require you to obtain a copy of the ISM Code (2018 Edition). An associated Designated Person(s) training guide will be sent to you prior to the course starting. Upon successful completion of the training course delegates will receive a Designated Person(s) training certificate that fulfils the Nautical Institute’s recognition standards for continuous professional development.
Delegates will have a more enhanced knowledge of the ISM Code in relation to the role, responsibilities and all aspects of the Designated Person(s), including:
- Context and interpretation of the ISM code
- Issues and common problems for the Designated Person(s)
- Understanding Human Factors and ISM
- Effective Performance Management and KPIs
- Appreciating Legal Issues and Self-Preservation
- Effective Audit Requirements and Techniques
- Effective ISM Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Actions
- Effective Risk Management
- Effective Management of Change
Delegates will have a good understanding of the ISM Code, its importance, and their role and responsibilities of Designated Person(s) within it, including:
- Associated International requirements and best management practices
- Who will be actively involved in the ongoing evaluation, continued improvement and development of a Company Safety and Environmental Management System
- Providing the Company with the ability to establish the effectiveness of a Company Safety Management System ahead of external verification by Administrations or Port State Control
- Delivered by experts with International safety and security management, compliance and verification experience in an engaging interactive style with a variety of security and safety-related scenario case study workshops exercises
A Designated Person should have a minimum of formal education as follows:
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognized by the Administration or by the recognized organization, within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
- Qualifications and seagoing experience as a certified ship officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended, or
- Other formal education combined with not less than three years’ practical senior level experience in ship management operations
Please contact us to arrange a date that suits you. The course will be taught in sections that suit the individual needs.
3 days (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
£1293.75 (Inc VAT) per delegate
£1,293.75 Inc. VAT
Cost per delegate
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team