Updated Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF Refresher) Route 2
Marine & STCW
£240 (incl. VAT) per delegate
Yes - Download documents
This page only allows you to book the 1 day course. To book the 0.5 day course click here
The aim of the 1 day course is to give seafarers the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Control fire fighting operations aboard ships
- Organise and train fire parties
- Inspect and service fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
The course will include videos, group discussions, case studies, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam to kickstart the session.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be sent the the original certificate.
- – Hold Advanced Fire Fighting certificate, or equivalent .
Please note that this course does not supersede the requirement to update your Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting certificate (UFPFF), which can be booked here.