Designated Security Duties (DSD)
STCW Reg VI/6 para 4 & sec A-VI/6 para 6-8
Marine & STCW
This course is being run by webinar until further notice. To book your webinar course click here for Webinar DSD
Download and fill in the course forms (declarations) before booking.
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
1 day (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day. Hot and cold beverages provided)
£237.60 (incl. VAT) per delegate
£237.60 Inc. VAT
Cost per delegate
For 10+ delegates, please directly contact our booking team