Certificate of Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
STCW Reg VI/6 para 4 & sec A-VI/6 para 6-8
Duration: 1 day
Fee: Complimentary however there is a £35 administration fee per delegate
Course Dates: Thursday 12th April
Prerequisites: A basic level of fitness is required to complete the practical elements of the course. There is no pre-learning required.
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - Book early to secure your place by emailing the Palma Team today!
Final details of the timing and location of the course will be provided to confirmed attendees.