STCW Updated Proficiency In Survival Craft & Rescue Boats Route 1 (R1UPSCRB)
This half day course is for those who have maintained the required standard of competence by onboard training and experience and wish to undergo updating training in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats) as per the MNTB Annex E (ii)
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The course will consist of both theory and practical sessions.
- Hold a proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats) Certificate
Delegates must confirm by the signing and completing the self declaration form that they have completed the below through onboard training:
- Take charge of survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus
- Apply first aid to survivors
- PPE will be provided.
- Boat exercises that take place off site and transport is provided for this.
Delegates will be required to successfully complete a short exam and the practical exercises in order to be issued with an MCA approved STCW Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (Other than Fast Rescue Boats); Regulation VI/2, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/2, paragraph 5 & 6 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended.