Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
For Masters and other persons who are designated to take charge of medical care on UK or EU flag vessels who are required to undertake updated training in Proficiency in Medical Care on Board Ship every 5 years
This 3 Day refresher course will focus on:
- - Updating the learner on changes in resuscitation and bleeds management
- - Refreshing the learner’s knowledge on the medication and equipment on the MSN 1905 Ships Medical Stores list.
- - Fine tuning the skills required to carry out certain medical procedures.
The course does require physical work that is carried out on the floor so anyone with injuries that prevent them from doing that will be unable to complete the course and will have to re book once they are fit and well.
- Hold a Proficiency in Medical Care certificate
- Hold a Updated Proficiency in Medical Care Certificate
Delegates will be required to successfully complete a short assessment exercise in order to be issued with an MCA Approved Updated Proficiency in Medical Care; Table A-VI/4-2 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.