High Voltage (HV) at Management Level
For those seafarers with responsibility for the safe control and management of high voltage power systems at a management level.
For those seafarers with responsibility for the safe control and management of high voltage power systems, this 4½-day training course provides the essential education and training in high voltage installations required to meet the Understanding, Knowledge and Proﬁciency (UPK) requirements set out in STCW Table AIII/2 and AIII/6 for electrical, electronic and control systems at the Management Level.
While delivering competence in management of high voltage installations, troubleshooting and restoration of electrical equipment to operating condition, a combination of theoretical tuition by our experienced maritime professionals and practical exercises using safe high voltage training equipment will ensure that delegates achieve the following learning outcomes:
- manage high voltage operations on board a ship
- understand the high voltage system and the maintenance of distribution capability
- identify faults within a high voltage system and reconfigure the system to maintain supply
The course is suitable for marine engineering officers, electrical or electro-technical officers, marine superintendents and engineering surveyors.
After successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with UK MCA-approved STCW certification.
- Prior electrical or electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment or
- Have completed 12 months sea time as EOOW or
- Part of an initial electro-technical training programme
Delegates must bring original substantiating documentation to demonstrate that they meet one of the above qualifying conditions. For example, a Discharge Book to prove sea service attained as EOOW or having had prior electrical or electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment.