Maritime Training & Conference Centre...
Our new Marine Survival Complex, based at Whitfield on the outskirts of Dover UK, is now open – and will enable us to extend the range and number of courses that we offer.
It will offer a business to business service; provide a hub for highly specialised equipment; plus access to appropriately qualified staff and trainers.
The centre, set out over 3 floors, will use state-of-the-art technology, with the following on-site facilities:
- Flexible Training Suites
- A fully equipped Marine Survival Complex
- Fire Training Ground
- Medical Training Suite
- Lifeboat Centre
The new Centre will also be able to carry out the following:
- The technical development of marine professionals already working in, or wishing to work, within the Merchant Navy and other sectors.
- Deliver refresher courses and resource management courses that are now required by the latest Manila Amendmentsv 2010.
- Deliver a variety of Hospitality and Medical Onboard Courses
- Be a catalyst for the growth of maritime provision within the Dover & East Kent area, assisting schools and colleges to develop their ‘technical’ curriculum; eventually, reach out to the wider regional area.
- Become a showcase,to inspire young people to take up a career at sea.
- Work with partners to provide excellent advice to organisations and Maritime SMEs about any relevant developments in the maritime field.
Coming in Phase 2:
- Navigational Simulators
- Engine Room Simulators
- 120 seat Restaurant Area
- 120 seat Conference Room
- Coffee Shop and Bar
- Relaxed Breakout Areas
The Maritime Skills Academy is perfectly located for global shipping clients and maritime professionals seeking world class training.
Dover is a central hub within Europe, due to its international links to London, France, Holland and the world beyond.
With high speed connections to London in under one hour and rail links into central Europe, The Maritime Skills Academy makes the process of training a straight forward experience.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.