Certificate of Proficiency as Ship Security Officer
STCW Reg VI/5 para 1 & sec A-VI/5 para 1-4
(incorporates Security Awareness & Designated Security Duties)
Duration: 3 days
Fee: £648 (incl. VAT) per delegate
(Full course/group bookings are available on request and at a discounted fee)
8th - 10th August 2017
12th - 14th September 2017
10th - 12th October 2017
7th - 9th November 2017
5th - 7th December 2017
Candidates should have 12 months sea service or an appropriate sea service knowledge of ship operations to give them the experience needed to reach the training objectives and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an SSO. Those who do not meet this requirement will be awarded the MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties certificate, which is also an IMO recognised qualification approved by Security Companies.
The aim of the course will provide SSO’s with a better understanding of how to:
- maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan
- assess security risks, threat and vulnerability
- undertake regular inspections of the ship to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained
- ensure that security and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated
- encourage security awareness and vigilance.
The course will include videos, discussions, and interactive exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.