Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boat (Refresher)
STCW Reg VI/2 para 1 & Sec A-VI/2 para 5
Route One - For those holding Advanced Sea Survival or have a completed self-declaration form.
Duration: 0.5 day
Fee: £180 (incl.VAT) per delegate
Route Two - For those holding a full PSC&RB or equivalent.
Duration: 1 day
Fee: £240 (incl.VAT) per delegate
If you book 3 or more elements of the 5 updating training courses (PST, FP&FF, AFF, PSC&RB & FRB) taking place in the same week, we will offer a 10% discount on the overall updating course cost.
31st July 2017
14th August 2017
30th August 2017
11th September 2017
26th September 2017
12th October 2017
23rd October 2017
6th November 2017
20th November 2017
4th December 2017
18th December 2017
- Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to 1 August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses.
- Seafarers holding a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats) Certificate, or equivalent, which includes ‘Proficiency in Survival Craft’ and the ‘MNTB Life Boat Certificate’.
NB – certificates of proficiency issued under the authority of other administrations will be acceptable.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers who are required to take charge of a survival craft or a rescue boat (other than fast rescue boats) in emergency situations the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Operate a survival craft engine.
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- Apply first aid to survivors.
The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.