Certificate of Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
STCW Reg VI/6 para 4 & sec A-VI/6 para 6-8
Duration: 1 day
Fee: £237.60 (incl. VAT) per delegate
8th August 2017
22nd August 2017
12th September 2017
26th September 2017
10th October 2017
24th October 2017
7th November 2017
21st November 2017
5th December 2017
19th December 2017
The aim of the course is to provide Officers & Crew with a better understanding of:
- ship security importance and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in ship security plan and related requirements
- how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
The course will include videos, discussions, and interactive exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.