Entry into Enclosed Spaces
Duration: 1 day
Fee: £204 (incl. VAT) per delegate
1st September 2017
27th October 2017
8th December 2017
This topic is still a major hazard for people engaged in operating Merchant Ships and our Entry into Enclosed Spaces Course has been developed in accordance with the UK’s Merchant Navy Training Board’s (MNTB) Guidelines. The training is intended to meet to requirements set out in The Merchant Shipping (Entry into Dangerous Spaces) Regulations 1988, IMO Resolutions A.864 (20) and the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers produced in the UK by the Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA).
Aims of the course:
- Recognise potentially dangerous enclosed spaces on-board a vessel
- Complete risk assessments of typical enclosed spaces
- Complete a typical enclosed space entry, Permit to Work
- Carry out safe testing of an atmosphere prior to entry using typical industry test equipment, including knowledge of its maintenance & testing/ calibration requirements
- Carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- Carry out self rescue from an enclosed space
- Carry out the role of a safety attendant
The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.